Baby nurseries have certainly come a long way…and that’s coming from a baby! It seems that during the short time between my birth and today, moms have gone completely insane when it comes to nursery decorating. Of course, it may have always been this crazy. My perception may be skewed by mommy’s love of all things pink, pink, pink!
Anyway, if you’re a soon-to-be mom, or new mom, tackling nursery design, I have some very important tips to share with you. Here goes:
1. However much time you spend on the nursery, triple it. That’s how much time you will be spending cleaning up puke and poo off the adorable zebra-print rug…on a weekly basis.
2. Those cute little mobiles are far more entertaining for you than they are for baby. However, baby will get a kick out of watching you follow the twinkling lights around the ceiling.
3. Poopy diaper preparation is far more important than color scheme or fabric choice. Trust me. Just make sure you have all of the supplies necessary to handle extreme blow-outs and you’ll be set.
4. Save your money and buy me…ahem, I mean, your baby, a pimped out stroller. MUCH more practical.
5. Babies don’t care about their nursery. I know you think they do. They don’t. Promise.